Friday, August 14, 2009

Some experiments with the flower loom/Experimente mit dem Blumenwebgerät

Do you remember the cotton threads I showed you in an earlier posting? And that I tried them out as a sample on a flower loom?

As I'm very captivated by the idea of recycling and re-using, I decided to try to do some kind of garment out of it; I like the kind of sloppy and casual retro-look of these flowers and think they would be great as a loosely hanging slipover over a T-shirt for example.

(If you google on it, there are several links for buying or crafting a flower loom yourself.)



Another possibility to use the flower loom is to make some woolen flowers and then to combine them with the embellisher and felt them into the background - here I did some free machine embroidery with variegated thread on the leaves afterwards:



For this bag, I crocheted the carrying straps with handspun wool (the same as for the bag itself) and then again punched them with the embellisher to get them more sturdy and less flexible.



(German summary: Ein paar Experimente mit dem Blumenwebgerät - einmal mit den grauen Recyclingfäden für einen lockeren Pullunder, einmal mit handgesponnener Wolle für eine gepunchte Tasche.)

7 comments:

Frauke-Filz.de said...

Wow!!!! Was ist denn ein Blumenwebgerät? Die kann man, wenn man das richtige Gern verwendet, doch sicher auch nass auffilzen, oder? Uiuiui, da juckt es mir in den Fingern!
Verfilzte Grüße von Frauke

Constanze said...

Gefilzt gefallen mir diese Blumen richtig gut. Ich kenne die aus einem alten Handarbeitsbuch von Burda, dort wurden aus Blumen in schreienden Farben kleine Westen, Decken usw. zusammengesetzt, einfach scheußlich. Aber es ist offensichtlich nur eine Frage, wie man das betrachtet. Danke dafür.

Lucy

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

Danke, Frauke und Lucy!

@ Frauke: Mein Gerät ist von Prym - aber es gibt viele ähnliche und sie kosten nicht viel. Schau' einfach ins nächste Handarbeitsgeschäft oder ins Internet! (Oder bastele dir eines, ist nicht sehr kompliziert!)

@Lucy: Ja, man kann auch sehr scheußliche Sachen damit machen, das ist wohl wahr ;-)...!

Elizabeth said...

What a great idea. Love it. Have a fantastic weekend.

Julie said...

What a very pretty bag Anneli :-) Enjoy your weekend. Your Sari Sister has been much admired at my art group today!

Anonymous said...

what a lovely bag -such pretty spring colours. have a great week - I will catch up soon

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

Thank you, Elizabeth, Julie, Paula!

Tomorrow I'm driving to visit Sara - so I'll be off for a week and am very much looking forward to it! And I think I will take the bag with me!