Friday, March 27, 2009

Colourful vest with (mostly) handspun yarns

Today I've been experimenting a lot with 'handspun recycling' - that's really quite exciting - but before I dig deeper into that, I have to show you my colourful vest first, which I finished this morning!

Most of the yarns used are handspun, but I mixed them a bit with suitable scrap yarns from my stash, too.

After having finished knitting the second part, I decided to wear that one as a front instead (right picture), despite of my first plans - but I also deliberately made both sides equal at the neck, so I can change my mind which side to wear in front from time to time!



As usual, I didn't use any pattern, as I find it more convenient to knit freely, just checking the size on some suitable garment.



Do you recognize the 'liquorice' and scrap yarns from earlier postings?



And another small improvement on the flyer:

I put the "heads" of some plastic envelope clips on top of the hose covering the new screws, so that my yarn doesn't jump off when my wheel is going real fast ...


8 comments:

Elizabeth said...

This is such a beautiful piece. Your gonna feel so good when you are wearing it. No doubt in my mind about it.

WolleNaturFarben said...

Oooh, das ist ja eine mächtig gewaltige wunderschöne textile Gesamtkomposition, da vermute ich mal, stehst du bestimmt sofort umrundet, wenn du da irgendwo mit erscheinst und alle rätseln wie du das bewerkstelligt hast.
LG Anke

Paula Hewitt said...

wonderful. You will be the hit of Stockholm at Easter!

ritarenata said...

Waaaahnsinn. So richtig schöön verrückt.

Sara lechner said...

super! funktioniert es jetzt gut??

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

Thank you for commenting, girls:

Yes, I know this vest is very colourful indeed - and being quite a shy person, I won't be able to wear it at all times - but I believe there are some occasions, when I would dare to ...and at least: it's very warm!

Sara lechner said...

wirst du ärmel machen? ich will ein foto der angezogenen weste sehen! :-)

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

Nein, Ärmel mache ich hier keine. (Ein Photo kann ich Dir privat schicken - ich bin ein schüchterner Mensch, weißt Du doch!)