Tuesday, February 3, 2009

"Family" doodle - another stitching experiment ...



This is another stitching experiment, which I've done on linen-punched-wool cloth. I drew some doodles - which, funny enough, made me think of "family". I don't know if I just happen to have a weird imagination, but for me this is a (OK, very) abstract picture of a couple (man = red, woman = black), both curled up close to eachother, the woman holding a child and being hold by the man.

I drew it without intention, but when I had divided the curls into colours, the couple - the family - were absolutely clear to me. Can you see it, too?

The red embroidery is couching stitch, using that red woolen tassle again and some silky black thread - the dark one is grey knitting wool used for the chain stitch, and then couching stitch with a silvery metal wired thread and the silky black one.

3 comments:

Julie said...

I can see exactly what you mean. It has a very gentle feel to it too.

Judy B said...

I agree with Julie in that it is very gentle and caring, but I see the man in the middle!

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

Hi Julie and Virtual Quilter - I'm glad you can both see what I mean - and well, the man in the middle could really be another option too!