Thursday, October 23, 2008

Stone hanging - one of my big projects



Today I had too much to do with my kids, household and other mundane matters - I'll be off for Vienna for the weekend as well - but instead I'll show you one of my finished big projects, decorating my kitchen/livingroom. It's an embellished wall hanging, almost 120 x 60 cm, punched grey wool in different shades and qualities, rough sackcloth, brown lace, some raw and fine silk fibers, natural linen fibers, woolen handspun yarn.

Going back to my Swedish roots, I enjoy working with wool and felt in a kind of Viking manner, combining the archaic natural wool with the image of stone, often using old Nordic mythological symbols, signs, runes.

6 comments:

Allerleirauh said...

Dann sind unsere Blögge ja sowas wie Schwestern.(:
Auch dir viel Freude an deinem Blog und ich schau sicher wieder vorbei bei dir.
Liebe Grüsse, Allerleirauh

Yvette said...

Thank you for your comment on my blog, what a beautifull wallhanging, really so natural, it really is a stone.How stunning!!!I'll put you on my blogroll so I can see when you post again.hugs yvette

Yvette said...

anneli, thank you so much for your link to cambra, wow thats art, as well as yours

liebes yvette

Sara lechner said...

Dieses große Stück sieht so toll aus auf einem Foto. Es erinnert mich an eine Textilkunstlehrerin, die uns die Sachen durch eine verkehrte Lupe anschauen ließ. Damit kommt das Konzept besser hervor. Es gefällt mir, wie die Bewegung der Linien auf dem Foto wirkt!

Allerleirauh said...

Ich wollte dich mal schnell fragen, ob ich dich verlinken darf.
LG Allerleirauh

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

Natürlich, liebe Allerleirauh, sehr gerne sogar!